Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lesson 6: Learn Always

We decided we wanted this purebread Wheaton to go through obedience training so he would be safer and a more manageable dog.   It was almost comical to watch me try to train Toby.   He was tenacious remember?  But then, I probably was not the best trainer.

Toby's lineage included a grandfather who was a dog show champion; and considering his nickname from house training days, I figured he would be teachable. 

He was a difficult nut to crack despite his bloodlines.  For a while I did okay. He listened to my early commands...kind of.  Then I lost interest in taking so much time to work with him and the things he learned faded.

This experience reminds me that we should all strive to dedicate a part of every day to learning.   Whether it is for your job or a hobby or other interest, work at improving through learning. 

I'm not an avid reader and I regret that. From time to time I try to read tech or self-help articles to try to learn something in the area of my interests and now it's getting easy to learn something through videos.  There are so many ways to learn. I'm striving to be more intentional in learning new skills and to continue working at it so they won't fade away.   Will you join me?

Romans 15:4

For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment