Friday, July 19, 2013

Lesson 7: Look Others In The Eye

Toby had these big brown eyes that could really pull the heartstrings.  No matter whether he wanted something or wanted to show concern, he would always look straight into a person's eyes, which made it really difficult to say no or stay mad at him.  I could always tell when he wanted to get my attention to communicate with me.  He would look at me, if I didn't notice, he would scoot in closer and look at me again. 

There is something really genuine about looking someone in the eyes when talking to them.  It shows respect,  honesty and commitment to the conversation.   I have to be honest,  since using a smart phone I have been horrible at this important aspect of communication.  I see a lot of people making that same mistake.   It's time to get back to basic communication: face to face with true conversation without interruption from technology.

Use those big brown eyes, "baby blues", or any other color of eye crafted by our Creator to truly commit to communicating with friends, family and co-workers. You never know what good will come from the conversation...it worked for Toby.

Psalm 19:14 ESV

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment