Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lesson 9: Forgive

Toby lived forgiveness.   All the mistakes I made as a dog owner were no match for the heart of that dog.   I'm amazed at the unwavering loyalty and love dogs show to their owners. 

This is where I truly think dogs are angels.  If the stories of Jesus don't break through our thick skulls, dogs are round two!

We, once again, can really learn from Toby's life.  No matter how long we stayed away without letting him out or giving him attention,  at the end of the day he still welcomed us with the wag of his tail or the wide-open arms to tackle us with love

We are like prodigal children,  constantly receiving the gift of second chances.  Open arms of forgiveness are so awesome to experience on the receiving end,  but also the giving end.  There is a healing process that occurs for both parties.   Forgiveness is healthy.  

Do you have an experience of forgiveness to share?   Post it here or on my pages if you want. 

I'll leave you with a link to my worship album with my old band.  The album and title track is Arms Wide Open.  Very fitting for today.   Enjoy listening and I appreciate your support if you choose to download it.  

Luke 15:20

But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

No comments:

Post a Comment